Ovum is looking for a versatile and professionally skilled structural engineer to strengthen its team of eager “Eggsperts”.
Ovum believes that the current production platform based on open-net pen systems is too weak to sustain significant growth, recognised environmental performance and societal expectation. Ovum’s ambition is to provide a trustworthy and competitive alternative, – floating closed pens. By our excellent team and collaborating partners, Ovum offer the industry a fully contained system in which they address many of current costly challenges that apply in today’s farming.
The company has recently reached a milestone, launching the first version of Egget®, which is 21 meters high, 15 meters wide and may hold 100,000 salmon. This autumn it was filled with fish and the team is excited about the important learning they gain for technology development going forward. Meanwhile, the technology team is designing the large version, which is 44 meters high, 31 meters wide and has room for one million salmon.
With strong structural proficiency the Structural Discipline Leader will support the development, evaluation and completion of the structural design for Egget®. The role will also ensure proper construction design and the implementation of industry standards. Close cross-disciplinary cooperation in the team is essential for completion of a successful project, in a work environment characterized by high competency and innovation.
Join our team that will transform industrial fish farming with new robust enclosed technology enabling sustainable growth in the aquaculture industry!
Qualifications and skills:
- Plan and lead the structural design of Egget®
- Provide technical expertise and direction throughout the construction process
- Understand and verify the hydrodynamic loads as input to the structural analysis
- Supervise team members within the discipline, attend design meetings, briefing sessions and project reviews
- Communicate with authorities/ 3rd party regarding structural analysis
- Communicate with yard and adjust the design to fit yard requirements
- Lead the preparation of drawings for handover to yard
- Represent the interest of Ovum AS relevant to structural design during the building process
- Experienced structural engineer
- Experienced in marine and composite structures
- Experience with ANSYS or similar simulation tools
- Have detailed knowledge and experience with relevant rules and regulations
- Experience with any of NS9415, DNV HSLC,DNV C205 is an advantage
- Genuine interest on transforming fish farming by working with new technology
- Innovative and strategic thinker
- Work in a methodical and systematic approach, plan ahead, define clear priorities and allocate time effectively
- Analyse complex issues and problems and come up with rational judgments
- Good communication skills
- Work well with teamwork
In this recruitment, Ovum is collaborating with Human AS. Applications may be treated confidentially towards client if requested. If you have any questions about the role or the recruitment process, please direct your questions to Partner in Human, Edvard Thormodsæter +47 958 82 299 or Consultant, Linda Hagewick +47 928 89 208 You may also contact Chief Technical Officer in Ovum, Åsmund Hellesøy, + 47 909 35 696.
Application deadline; 25.11.2022
The objective of Hauge Aqua is to start, own, develop and operate business within aquaculture, develop new technology, offer counselling, nationally and internationally. We strongly emphasise that the business is to be operated economically, socially and environmentally sustainable. The technology part of Hauge Aqua, named Ovum, are dedicated to developing sustainable technical solutions for industrial fish farming. Ovum means “egg” in Latin, the company has 13 employees, and the headquarters are situated in Bergen.