Ovum is now looking for a versatile and professionally skilled engineer to strengthen its team of eager “Eggsperts” to enable sustainable growth in the aquaculture industry.
Ovum believes that the current production platform based on open-net pen systems is too weak to sustain significant growth, recognised environmental performance and societal expectation. Ovum’s ambition is to provide a trustworthy and competitive alternative, – floating closed pens. By our excellent team and collaborating partners, Ovum offers the industry a fully contained system in which they address many of current costly challenges that apply in today’s farming.
The company has recently reached a milestone, launching the first version of Egget®, which is 21 meters high, 15 meters wide and may hold 100,000 salmon. This autumn it will be filled with fish and the team is excited about the important learning they will gain for further technology development. Meanwhile, the technology team is working on designing the large version, which is 44 meters high, 31 meters wide and has room for one million salmon.
As a Naval Architect/Marine engineer, you will be responsible for planning and designing engineering projects on board Egget®, in a work environment characterized by high competence and innovation. We are looking for a person who has a good understanding of Naval Architecture within a design environment and with extensive experience in Inventor 3D modelling.
The person in question will have overall responsibility for the company’s Inventor software and maintaining an up to date 3D model through coordination with other project team members. Supporting the technical team with knowledge of the software systems is also a crucial task. You should be structured, a strategic thinker, an effective communicator, and always work with present rules and regulations as a foundation.
Join our team that will transform industrial fish farming with new robust enclosed technology!
Qualifications and skills:
- Development, evaluation and creation of design and technical solutions for Egget®
- User, advisor and technical support for Inventor 3D modelling software program
- Project managing and working side by side with other technical “eggsperts”
- Communication with suppliers and partners
- Work in agreement with budgets and deadlines
- Bachelors or Masters degree within engineering, several years of work experience in Naval Architecture or Mechanical Engineering.
- Strong knowledge of Inventor 3D modelling and CAD design.
- Experience in production of technical documentation
- Experience with composite material is an advantage
- Experience in classification rule requirements is an advantage
- High level of English, both written and oral. Communication skills in other languages is considered an advantage
- Genuine interest on transforming fish farming by working with new technology
- Work in a methodical and systematic approach, plan ahead, define clear priorities and allocate time effectively
- Analyse complex issues and problems and come up with rational judgments
- Good communication skills
- Thorough and bold
In this recruitment, Ovum is collaborating with Human AS. Applications may be treated confidentially towards client if requested. If you have any questions about the role or the recruitment process, please direct your questions to Partner in Human, Edvard Thormodsæter +47 958 82 299 or Consultant, Linda Hagewick +47 928 89 208 You may also contact Chief Technical Officer in Ovum, Åsmund Hellesøy, + 47 909 35 696.
The objective of Hauge Aqua is to start, own, develop and operate business within aquaculture, develop new technology, offer counselling, nationally and internationally. We strongly emphasise that the business is to be operated economically, socially and environmentally sustainable. The technology part of Hauge Aqua, named Ovum, are dedicated to developing sustainable technical solutions for industrial fish farming. Ovum means “egg” in Latin, has 13 employees, and the headquarters are situated in Bergen.