AutoStore has seen an explosive growth, valued $1.9 in 2019 and valued $7.7 billion in 2021. AutoStore as the Cube Storage Pioneer has data at its core. We are now looking for a Lead Data Engineer who wants to take a key position in AutoStore both now and in the future. You will manage and develop the AutoStore data platform to ensure we maximize our potential for business critical insight and data driven decisions.
Your main responsibility will be to optimize our dataflows; from acquisition, processing, and governance to mapping and presenting high-quality data to our analytics team and other business stakeholders in a user-friendly and secure matter.
As Lead Data Engineer you will be part of our fast-growing global IT team and have a central role in our organization, working closely with the Analytics team and top management.
We are looking for an experienced Data Engineer with high ambitions, an analytical and learning nature, and who is able to communicate well with different stakeholders, and is able to translate technical complexity to practical and useful solutions.
Are you Lean, Bold and Transparent? Join our fast growing team!
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
- Work closely with IT, Head of Data & Analytics and other data stakeholders to achieve a high level of self-reporting and data sharing/reuse
- Lead the development of our Data Platform
- Build data infrastructure and data models
- Support strategic decisions and provide direction of our data engineering and architecture
- Develop and implement an API-strategy for implementing internal and external sources to our data platform
- Build relationships with stakeholders and ensure technical solution meets business requirement
- Institute BI best practices
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Relevant higher education
- SQL and data modelling
- Cloud based architecture in Azure, and preferably experience with Terraform
- Building data lakes and partition data for optimal performance
- Delta Lake architecture
- Data mining and how to get insight from data
- Big Data frameworks like Apache Spark, BigQuery and Apache Flink
- Python, Scala, Kotlin or Julia
- Familiar with Azure ADF, Azure Synapse and Azure Event Hub, Kafka or Pulsar
- Experience with visualization tools like Power BI, Qlik and Tableau
- Docker and Kubernetes
- Experienced in CI-/CD and test-driven development
- Experience with agile development
- English language, Norwegian and other languages are an advantage
- Quick learner and analytical problem-solver
- Self-confident and proactive to take initiatives
- Systematic and with a drive for excellent results
- Clear and thoughtful communicator
- Key contributor to team culture
- Business acumen
- A key position behind the scenes in a global and fast-growing company.
- Challenging and interesting work
- Competitive salary, pension scheme and good insurances
- Good opportunities for career development
- Position located at either at our head office in Nedre Vats or Oslo (Lysaker)
In this recruitment, AutoStore is collaborating with Human AS. Please submit your CV and application as soon as possible. Applications may be treated confidentially towards client if requested. If you have any questions about the role or the recruitment process, please direct your questions to our advisers in Human: Magnus Aanestad (+47 992 67 888) or Odd Arild Sævik (+47 450 21 995). Or IT Manager at AutoStore, Oscar Lindberg (+47 482 17 762).
AutoStore, founded in 1996, is a robot technology company that invented and continues to pioneer Cube Storage Automation, the densest order-fulfilment solution in existence. Our focus is to marry software and hardware with human abilities to create the future of warehousing. The company is global with installations in over 30 countries in a wide range of industries. All sales are distributed, designed, installed, and serviced by a network of qualified system integrators we call Partners. With over 500 installations in over 30 countries, AutoStore is trusted by some of the biggest brands.